My professional background
Over 25 years of experience in managing projects, systems, and business processes for private companies and government agencies. Very good at organizing, planning and developing strategies for all types of organizations including strategic plans for nonprofits. Extremely analytical and able to provide insights and direction for startups in areas such as product development, marketing, and financial planning. Educational background includes three professional certifications: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and Certified in Financial Management. Executive Education includes the Wharton Business School and J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Some of my past positions include: Senior Business Analyst for Fortune 500 Companies | Senior Advisor for Non Profit Development in Sofia, Bulgaria | Project Manager for Grant Thornton in Washington D.C. | Business Development Manager | Senior Auditor | Project Controller
How to work with me
What I can offer
I can directly assist someone with a business plan or financial plan for a startup or existing business. I can also help develop a compelling value proposition with tag lines for clear messaging. I can help direct an overall roll-out plan with milestones for new businesses as well as identify critical enablers for success.
My expectations for a successful mentoring relationship
The person should introduce themself and make it clear what the issue or problem is. Do not just say hello - you should get to the point on why you are contacting me. Mentors such as myself are busy and we want to minimize back and forth conversations. For best results, a phone call (WhatsApp) or Zoom session (www.zoom.us ) is highly recommended. This allows me to ask questions and give more complete advice that fits with your situation. Once again, I am here to help those who can communicate and define their problems in a clear and concise way.
NOTE: I only mentor about 1 out of 50 people who submits a request since most people do not have the ability to connect online and have a real conversation about their business. Please make sure you can actually connect with me online via WhatsApp or Zoom if you want real help!
How entrepreneurs can prepare before we start
If possible, I would recommend that Entrepreneurs try and do the following:
- Try to define one single issue or problem in a clear and concise way. You should avoid a generic type question that is full of ambiguity, making it impossible for the mentor to respond. Define your most pressing problem as best as you can so the mentor can easily communicate some specific action steps.
- Try and not ask questions that have already been asked and answered on this platform. Too many people continue to ask the same question: How can I get funding / financing for my business. This question has been addressed repeatedly and mentors are not interested in having to answer the same question over and over again because you did not take the time to review previous discussions that dealt with this common issue to most business owners.
- Try to avoid asking a question that you can easily answer by simply watching a YouTube Video. You need to be resourceful on your own before you go to the Mentor with your question. Leverage Google, YouTube and other sites so you can come up to speed on common problems that all business owners must deal with. Do some online research before coming to a mentor.
- Do not ask the mentor for money. Mentors are here to provide advice and guidance, not financing of your business. This is an inappropriate request to make to the mentor.
- Make sure you can communicate in English. I do not speak any other languages. Only English!
- Use the best communication method possible to help the Mentor diagnose your problem. Communicating with a mentor by email or posting a message can be very hit or miss since you have not clearly defined what the problem is. Mentors may or may not be able to understand what you are communicating. Sometimes the “English” is not correct. Mentors need to ask questions to fully understand the issue. This is why it helps when you can communicate by phone (WhatsApp) or by video conferencing such as www.zoom.us . If you are able to connect by WhatsApp or Zoom, then you can book an appointment with me from my online scheduling page: